Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The facts of life

We have finished moving into my childhood home. Unfortunately, my Mom passed away the day we started moving in to help take care of her. My Dad couldn't stand to stay in the house and moved into an apartment that same day.The first 2 days we got my Dad set up in his new apartment with the bare essentials then we frantically packed up the rest of our house in just 2 days and got it all here. . We took Thursday off from everything to have my Mom's funeral and grieve.  We are now slowly unpacking our things as we pack up things for my Dad at his new place and figure out what to do with the 34 years worth of stuff that has accumulated in this house. Its very slow going so far but we are getting it done.
During this time, however, I am not crocheting or crafting.  My Mom taught me how to crochet and to craft and it hurts too much to make anything right now. Not to mention, there is just too much to do to get our house livable. I hope once school is out and the pain isn't so fresh, I can get back to making things again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine losing my mum... It hurts too much. Lot of courage for you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.