Saturday, June 16, 2012

Owl Family

 These were a commission for a friend at my son's school, she wanted an owl for each member of her family. I made them all a little different in size as well as the colors
 When I finished the owls I thought they needed a home. What better home than a hollow tree. This tree is a drawstring bag with a plastic canvas reinforced trunk.
 All five owls fit inside. They make the top just a little lumpy, but I think it makes the tree top look more real.
I added a branch to the back for a perch. I'm debating whether or not to put some velcro on it so the smallest owl can really perch there. Not sure yet.My inspiration for the tree bag was Bizzy Crochet's tree bag for her fantasy tree collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.