Sunday, December 4, 2011

BUMMER

Well, my first craft bazaar was a total bust. I did manage to get a bigger table, and for free. But I didn't sell a single item. There were no other vendors with crocheted items, everybody else was selling paper goods and jewelry, and in one case some awesome paper bead jewelry and I think that is what everybody was looking for. There was pretty good business going on all around me but none for me. Hopefully my stuff will do better at a garage sale next year. Until then, I better find some storage room somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that the bazaar didn't go so well. I've never done any craft fairs but have heard often that it's really hit or miss. Hope you have a better experience at a garage sale or some other venue in the future. Don't let it discourage you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, too bad. I had that happen to my aunt when I was a little kid. And she wasn't even a crocheter, she did other crafts (she made some awesome Christmas and Easter stuff that I still use today) That's why I've always been wary of doing craft fairs. If you have a lot of stuff though, what about online stores like Ravelry, Zibbet or Etsy? Maye that will work out better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer local customers so I don't have to deal with mailing packages. I was a seller on Ebay for years and it got to be too much hassle at the post office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear it-- you are so talented! don't get discouraged- keep trying. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.