Thursday, October 13, 2011

Busy season

Sorry I haven't posted any new patterns for a long time. September through the end of the year is always so busy for me. My family has many birthdays during these months, and school starting up means field trips, open houses, conferences etc... Then there's my obsession with Halloween, it takes most of the month of October just to get all of the decorations up. Right now I am also making things on commission for the first time ever and more and more orders keep coming in for hats, scarves, and dolls. I don't even have patterns for most of the orders, I have to make them up as I go. Some of the things I didn't even know what they were and had to look them up, like I had no idea what Yo Gabba Gabba was, much less how to make hats inspired by it. This is what I came up with. I'm working on more owls hats too, and a spongebob inspired scarf. Plus so many requests for Pokemon stuffies for my kids friends, and they got to raid my finished projects bag and snag some of the Mario hat and scarf sets. Hopefully soon I can get Jirachi done or Charmeleon, or one of the hat and scarf sets that I put aside for a while, and get the pattern posted.
Spongebob scarf (I did add the eyelashes and teeth after this photo was taken)

A cloche I'm making for my Mom

the Yo Gabba Gabba hat, this is Toodee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.