Friday, August 19, 2011

Piranha Plant scarf and hat set with pattern



Here's the Piranha Plant scarf, I'm working on a hat to go with it, I can't decide if it should be a regular piranha plant or a Piranha Pete. We'll see what happens.
 Well, as you can see I went with the regular piranha plant hat, I tried the Pete hat and after frogging it several times decided to go with this. And now the pattern


Piranha Plant hat and Scarf Set

Materials
Green, light green, red and white yarn
J hook for main part, H hook for detail parts
Yarn needle

Scarf using J hook
Pipe starting with green
ch 201
Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, change to light green in last stitch, ch 1 turn (200)
Row 2: sc across, change to green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 3: sc across, change to light green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 4: hdc across, change to green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 5 - 7: hdc across, change to light green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 8: repeat Row 4
Row 9: repeat Row 3
Row 10: repeat Row 2
Row 11: Hdc across
F/O

Pipe top starting with green
Ch 21
Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1 turn (20)
Row 2: Hdc across, change to light green in last stitch, ch 1 turn
Row 3: sc across, change to green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 4: sc across, change to light green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 5: hdc across, change to green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 6 - 8: hdc across, change to light green in last, ch 1 turn
Row 9: repeat Row 5
Row 10: repeat Row 4
Row 11: repeat Row 3
Row 12: Repeat Row 2
Row 13: hdc across
F/O fold over and sew to the end of the pipe section leaving i hdc on either side sew up the sides of pipe top.

Stem in light green
ch 11
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1 turn
Row 2 - 8: sc in each sc across
F/O fold over and sew to the pipe top centering the stem

Leaves (Make 4)
Ch 12, sl in 2 ch from hook, *sc in next, hdc in next, dc in next 2, tr in next, dc, in next 2, hdc in next, sc in next, sl in next*, ch 1 and working on the other side of the beginning chain, sl in next, repeat from * to *
F/O and sew 2 together for each leaf and sew leaves to sides of stem.

Plant head in red (only Rnd 1 is joined the rest are turned) (Make 2)
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic circle, join Rnd, ch 2(6)
Rnd 2: 2 dc in each dc around, ch 2 turn (12)
Rnd 3: dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc around, ch 2 turn (18)
Rnd 4: dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc around, ch 2 turn (24)
Rnd 5: dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc around (30)
F/O hold both together and using needle sew them together.

Teeth in white with H hook
ch 27, sl in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 2, skip 2 sl in next, *ch 5, sl in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 2, skip 2 sl in next, repeat from * to * across
F/O and sew to opening of plant head

Lip (optional) in white using H hook (I made only 1 so one side would lay flat)
Ch 25
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1 turn (24)
Row 2 - 5: sc across, ch 1 turn
Row 6: sl across
F/O sew lip to opening of plant head

Spots in white using H hook (make desired number of large and small)
Small
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic circle (6)
F/O

Large
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic circle (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
F/O
Sew large and small spots randomly to plant head.

Hat in red using J hook
Hat using J hook
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic circle (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (18)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (30)
Rnd 6: sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (36)
Rnd 7: sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (42)
Rnd 8: sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (48)
Rnd 9: sc in next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (54)
Rnd 10: sc in next 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (60)
Rnd 11: sc in next 9 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (66)
Rnd 12: sc in next 10 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (72)
Rnd 13: sc in next 11 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (78)
Rnd 14: sc in next 12 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (84)
Rnd 15 - 25: sc in each sc around (84)
change to white in last sc of Rnd 25
Rnd 26: in front loops only in white sc in each sc around (84)
Rnd 27 - 30: sc in each sc around (84)
Rnd 31: sl in each sc around (84)
F/O and curl white part upward into the hat to make the lip
 to show that the white of Rnd 26 using only the front loops of Rnd 25 and the teeth using the back loops of Rnd 25
This is to show how to curl the white lip up to make a roll.

Teeth
Attach white to free loops of Rnd 26 of hat and sc around, *Ch 5, sl in 2nd ch from hook. sc in next, hdc in next, dc in next, skip next 2, sl in next* repeat from * to * around and F/O

Stem in light green using J hook
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic circle (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in nextsc around (18)
Rnd 4: in back loops only sc in each sc around (18)
Rnd 5 -6: sc in each sc around (18)
F/O sew to top of hat ( I added a little stuffing to keep the shape)

Leaves are the same as above and attached to the sides of the stem
Spots are also the same as above and sewn on randomly.

DISCLAIMER
Piranha Plant is a copyright of Nintendo
This pattern is my original pattern.   Please do not claim this pattern as your own.  If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site.  You may print and keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern.

14 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I would love love LOVE to get the patterns for this and the chain chomp one. Great job and I really love seeing your crochet works and the other patterns that you've shared. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comment. Give me a day or so to type up the patterns and I'll get them posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! This project if most definitely next for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having difficulty with the hat. How is the flap supposed to go and where do you put the teeth? Would you mind more detailed instructions for those parts? (I'm confused)It seems as if something is reversed. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added to close up photos of those areas of the hat for you. The first shows that the lip and the teeth are both attached to Rnd 25, the lip is using the loops in the front and the teeth are using the loops in the back. The second photo is rolling the white rows to make the lip. I'm also added a pic to show what front loop and back loop mean. I hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. That cleared up my problem. I was wondering if I had to turn the hat part inside out and that's what had me confused. I was like "teeth pointing up?! what?!". If the Rnd 26 was attached by the back loop, then it would not have been as confusing in my opinion with the whole flipping up the lips and then attaching the teeth by the free (front) loops. Thank you for the additional explanation though. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there Nanette, I am planing on making this for a charity event that I participate it, it is called desertbus for hope, you can find more information at desertbus.org, the finished item will be put up for auction and the money raised (usually in the thousands range) ends up being donated to Child's Play Charity (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/). May I please have your permission to submit the finished product for raising money for charity. I do plan on declaring that the pattern is yours, please contact me at earoussel@gmail.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you for posting this!! My daughter really wants the chompie scarf so I'm making it for her - but my son keeps asking for something, too. Then I saw your Bowser and then I saw this!!!

    THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR CREATIVITY!!!!
    I'll be sure to tell everyone where I got the patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you tell me what size this hat is for?? I am wanting to make one for a baby...will this size work?? Thanks nanette!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The set is sized for a teen or adult.

      Delete
  10. thanks Nanette...Now I know in advance that I will need to try and size down quite a bit...hehehe..Happy Thanksgiving!! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an amazing job on this. I must give you mad props for your creativity! I featured it in an MNE Crafts round-up so even more people can find it!!

    http://www.mnecrafts.com/2014/07/character-crochet-round-up-10-free.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your hard work putting this pattern together. I am really wanting to try it out for my boys who love this game but I am very new to crochet. While I am a fast learner and have made quite few things already I was wondering if you have a key for the types of stitches that you used. I am not familiar with a f/o. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. f/o simply means to finish off as that is the end round or row of the piece

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.